Thursday, 12 March 2015

*****NEW POEM***** Hours of Darkness

 
 

 

From the moment I said I love you

I knew the sentiment to be true

Catching glimpses of you sitting

Admiring the beautiful view

My heart skipping a beat or two

May sound corny to those around

But I don’t ever look or listen

As the feelings are profound

Hearing you say the words back to me

Had me smiling ear to ear

Wanting to hug and hold you

Feel your body close and near

Life turns and I nearly lose you

The ground beneath suddenly fell

Darkness heavy, smothering me

My new home was there in hell

After hours of patiently waiting

You walked into the room

Relief and happiness soon replace

A space full of doom and gloom

Not able to stop from running

Into arms so warm and strong

I thank the Lord looking above

That what could have been was wrong

 
 
(c) A J Walters, 2015
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment