Wednesday, 12 November 2014

It's that time of the year...18 years ago today!








I'm not going to go all religious on you...that's what my initial reaction to this post is, but actually, I am Christian and live in a Christian country so shouldn't be afraid in posting this....HOWEVER, my post isn't about religious beliefs, but personal beliefs.

It will be 17 years, 1 month & 13 days till I'll celebrate the birth of my eldest child. Yes, my son will be 18 years old on Christmas Day 2014 & the lead up to giving birth to him, as well as the actual birth is a moment in my life I'll never, ever forget.

Despite me being Catholic, I was a single mother as the father of my child left me when I was 8 weeks pregnant. No way on this earth was I ever going to give him up. I had been given ultimatums by the father & even told of ways to get rid of my unborn child by an employer (as he didn't believe in single mothers), but no! I knew this baby meant everything to me.

I gave up my job because of not only the lack of support of my employer, but also because of the poor pay I was on. To this day, I never regretted any of it.

I lived with my parents at home and this time 18 years ago, I'd go to work with my mum (who worked nights in a nursing home) and slept on a chair, just in case I went into birth. I think it was also a comfort to both of us...The memories I have of trying to sleep in what was a an uncomfortable seat, but I had my mother with me, will be with me forever....

Isabel, my main female character in An Acute Attraction is also a single mother....

This will be continued......















No comments:

Post a Comment