Friday, 21 November 2014

A proper blog post...Go me!

Before I was an author, I was a reader. 



 









 


I'll admit that in between the ages 22 & 36/37, I didn't read as much as I'd like due to having a family & commitments. I think back to a holiday I had with my folks at the age of 16 and buying Silence Of The Lambs & two other novels at the airport, to read on my fortnight away.







 
It's only the last few years that I've really got back into it....I've read some tremendous books including Gabriel's Inferno & Gabriel's Rapture by Sylvain Reynard. I was among the numerous of fans waiting in anticipation of a third book, but was left disappointed. However, I am looking forward to his book, The Raven. It's a new book & series. 












I've read reviews of Sylvia Day's, Captivated By You and there are quite a few disappointed in it. I have read The Crossfire Series, but not this one as yet & also Sylvia's historical novels (which I love).

I'm 'Umming' and 'ahhing' as to get it. Not only because of the reviews, but I'd like to read & give so many other authors a chance...especially Indie Authors. I'm not saying all authors don't write from the heart, but....Oh my gosh! I hope you see where I'm coming from. I'll hold my hands up & say I didn't put what I have done into An Enrapturing Attraction & what I did do with An Acute Attraction into A Constant Attraction. I'm not saying my heart wasn't in it, but I felt the pressure....

Is this what Sylvia has had to deal with? Pressure on delivering? I don't know. It's not down to me to say.

All I can say is, when it comes to me...I'm living by how I started off. I love to write & not write to live.

AJ xxx





No comments:

Post a Comment