Wednesday, 25 June 2014

Author Interview - Logan Patricks





                   Can I please introduce you to the wonderfully enigmatic...... 

 

 

 





AJ – Hi Logan, it's really good to meet you. Thank you for taking time out to do this interview with me. *blushes and hands you a drink.

LP - Hiya AJ! Anytime! Btw, this drink tastes stronger than my usual....is this a triple vodka?

 Ah! Yes, I don't like vodka, so I've given you mine as well. Anyway...


 

AJ – For readers and bloggers out there, could you please tell us about yourself?

I'm just a crazy guy with a wild imagination and a lot of stories to tell. I try and manhandle my word processor when my little daughter isn't manhandling me with her diapers.

 *Shudders at the memories of changing nappie* Cute!

 


AJ – Semblance was your first book from The Midnight Society series of books and it is also the first book I have read since completing my series of books and I have to be honest with you, I was hooked! You saw some of my tweets! What got you inspired to write such a fab story?

I guess I was interested in the entire concept of deception, lies, betrayal, you know all that fun stuff you want to read about but never experience. Couldn't think of a better setting for all that to take place than in a Secret Society. 

I agree 







 

AJ – You are obviously very up on your classical music, especially piano pieces. Is this just an interest of yours or do you actually play the piano yourself?

I'm a classically trained pianist who first love is for my piano!

No way! Wow! Multi-talented guy.


 

AJ – You've written Semblance from Aria's (Female) POV. Was there any part of that you found difficult?

Writing sex scenes from a woman's perspective. It's kind of hard to "experience" what she's feeling.



 AJ – You admit to enjoying “Creating kingdoms” in your writing. When reading the book at the beginning, I found it to be like an adult fairy tale, until the reader discovers the secrets of Shadow's past. From there it moves on to be quite a sexual, thrilling and mysterious story. Did you mean to write such a magnificent melting pot of genre's or just focus on one in the beginning?

In the beginning, the focus was always going to be a mystery or thriller. However, as the story progressed, other genres started coming into play.

They work incredibly well together.
 


AJ – I am going to confess, that your book is now one on a list I have, that have made me shout out loud, “No effing way!”...Thankfully it's a very short list or else I'd have been banned from public transport! Is there a book that has caused you to react in such a way?

There are several! I remember taken aback by the end to Life of Pi, and almost practically every book in George RR Martin's Game of Thrones series. That guy is a mass murderer, lol. 

Hehe!!


 

AJ – Penumbra is the second instalment.What can we expect to see from the perfectly pleasing pen of Logan Patricks (I like my alliteration if you hadn't guessed!) in this continuation of the series?

We're going to find out more about the origins of the Midnight Society, see the relationship between Shadow, Aria, and Lincoln develop further, and as well introduce you to a whole new set of characters that will leave their mark on this series. 

Squee! Exciting stuff, I can't wait!








AJ – Has your ever so exciting sounding 'day job' offered any inspiration in what you write or do you try to keep them separate?

I keep my day job completely separate from my writing life. I enjoy having the best of two different worlds.




AJ – My readers know that I suffer from 'Foot In Mouth' syndrome, that has lead to some erm!...quite embarrassing situations. Have you ever landed yourself in it? If so, would you care to share?

Indeed I have! In fact, I wrote an entire story about it on my blog. http://www.loganpatricks.com/free-stories/frozen-a-not-so-erotic-tale-involving-my-butt/




AJ – Right, are you up for a game of Top Trumps? It's been ages since I've played it.






                                                                 Top Trumps


                                     AJ                                                              LP


Height -                       5'3”                                                             6'1


Hair -                          Long                                                           Short


Shoe size -                   9.5 inches                             Size 10 (whatever that means in Canada)


Age -                           39 (for now)                                                  32


Time to take
a shower        -            20 minutes (Tops)                                      8 minutes


No of times had
sex in one night -       Now that would be telling!                     Who's counting? Lol





AJ – Thank you so much Logan. It's been a blast and an honour to have had this chat with you. I hope we can meet up for a drink again sometime*Kisses you on both cheeks.  Before you go, is there any chance you could share a snippet from Penumbra with us at please?  

Yup! 





 






                                                    About this author




Logan discovered both love and heartbreak at the tender age of seven, when the pretty little blue-eyed girl next door stole his Kit-Kat bar and shared it with the bad boy from across the street. Devastated, Logan found solace by escaping into imaginary worlds he forged with words, creating kingdoms where the chivalrous knight always got the princess.

Twenty three years later Logan spends his days in a suit and tie, working for the government on matters of network security. However his thoughts never strayed too far from the incendiary nature of love — the passionate fire that’s both scintillating and dangerous. Obsessed with exploring the steamy and mysterious side of human nature, Logan continues to create worlds filled with thrills, mystery, and of course, sex.




 You can find Logan's Amazon Links Here


Penumbra goes Live Thursday 26th June 2014!!



Links

Goodreads


Facebook

Twitter 





No comments:

Post a Comment