Sunday, 2 February 2014

Charity Spotlight- Real Blokes.

Every now and then I like to spotlight some extremely worthy causes. In the past I have mentioned charities such as the NSPCC and Caudwell Children.

 

 

Today's spotlight is on "Real Blokes" :) I have supported many cancer awareness days and months, but the majority of them have been for Breast Cancer and mainly ran by women. So when I came across Real Blokes, I knew I had to support them just as much. 

 

I am sure many men will agree with me, that when it comes to talking about any illness especially Cancer, men seem to keep it to themselves more than women and so bringing awareness to it, doesn't seem to be as big or easy. My father was diagnosed with bowel cancer a few years back and he came through it. He recently went back to the hospital and was given the all clear still. However, many folk have a long battle that they unfortunately don't win in the end. We can beat this together.

 

 

So guys, may I introduce you to Real Blokes.....

 

 

 

 

Hello. We are Real Blokes

Late last year in 2013, a close friend was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer and given a slim chance of survival due to the seriousness of his condition. On the visits I got with my friend, I always gave the brave face and did my best to make him smile. Being the strong person he was, he managed to enjoy Christmas and see in 2014 and we are thankful to have this time with him. I made him a promise  I would do whatever I could to make a difference and so began the challenge of #RealBlokes. Sadly, my friend passed away on the 10/01/14 and won’t be able to see the amazing support and things we will achieve, but I know he would be proud and I will carry on in his name helping others in their hard times.


You can make a donation, however big or small, to their Just Giving page.

 

or  TEXT code : RBCR69 £1,2,5,10 to 70070

 

The guys are also on Twitter  

 

Cancer Relief is the charity these guys raise money for. :-)

 

 

 I've made my donation & will continue to do what I can to help promote the guys. I have offered a signed copy of An Acute Attraction, which hopefully will help in an auction or raffle :-) 

 

 

A xxx

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment