Tuesday, 4 February 2014

An Interview with.......Steve Richards.




AJW: Hello Steve and welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for agreeing to do this interview with me. 

SR: Hi Amanda, it’s my pleasure I can assure you. I’m honoured to be asked to take part in this, so thank you! 
 
 

AJW: You're very welcome. To start off with Steve, I was wondering if you could tell us a bit about yourself for any readers that haven't seen you before? 

SR: Well, I’m fifty *mumbles* and I currently work in customer service. I’ve been with my partner Anita for over 34 years and we have two lovely children that we’re very proud of. I left school at 16 and went straight to work in a factory as a labourer, moving steadily upwards to be a supervisor and a computer controlled machine programmer. When the factory closed, I went to live and work in Italy for 7 months, setting up a production cell in an automotive parts factory, training their staff and also teaching them English. Oh and I once danced and sang ‘Singing In The Rain’ in Via Roma in Turin on a night out with friends! 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
(AJW: Wow!! You could write a book!!)



 
AJW: When did you first want to get into writing? 

SR: Since secondary school, I’ve often written little nonsense poems to entertain friends or drawn small cartoons with funny text or observations, but I’ve only sat down and actually written stories (that people want to read - a fact that amazes me), in the past year or so. 
 
 
 
AJW: Did you or do you still have any authors that inspire you to write? 

SR: Oh yes! I love the work of Anais Nin, Jules Verne, Clive Barker, Tiffany Reisz, Magenta Nero… an endless list of great writers that I admire! 
 
 

AJW: Is writing something you feel you have to do religiously every day? 

 SR: I love to write but it’s not something I feel I have to do. I write when the mood takes me, when time allows and when The Muse whispers something wonderful in my ear, which she seems reluctant to do lately! I firmly believe she’s taken a vacation! 
 
 

AJW: What was it that lead you to write in the genre you do? 

SR: I’ve always been a great fan of erotica. I’m a very sensual person in that I enjoy the pleasures of the flesh and how the imagination can conjure such wonderful delights. I love how words can stimulate the senses and lead to real physical effects. People tell me that I’m quite good at doing that so I thought, let’s give it a go! 
 
 

AJW: You have just published your book, Opus Angelicus, in paperback. For those that haven't come across it, could you please tell us about it? 
 
 
 
 
 



SR: It’s a collection of short stories, 14 in total (that can be read as standalone pieces or as a running narrative), which tells of the love affair between an angel from heaven and an earthly woman. It’s written in a style that puts the reader at the heart of each story so that they can identify themselves with either The Angel or the woman. 
 
 

AJW: Ok. Would you ever like to write a novella or novel in the future? 

SR: It’s certainly something I’ve considered, in fact I’m toying with the idea of doing just that with the next lot of adventures of The Angel and his lady!  
 
 
 
AJW: Excellent, I'm looking forward to that. You have independently published this book. Would you consider going down a different route with any future work? 

SR: Gosh I think it would be amazing if I ever had a publishing contract but then again I would have to write to order so to speak and for me, I think that would take the fun out of it. I like indie publishing because without it, I very much doubt that my book would ever have seen the light of day! It gives dabblers like me an opportunity to hold the thing in my hands and think ‘Good God! I did this!’ It’s a hell of a feeling!  
 
 
AJW: I know exactly what that feeling is like. It is blooming amazing! :-)
 
 

Quickfire round. 


 Paperback or Ebook? Ooh, ooh… EBook!  

Facebook or Twitter? Facebook 

Slow & Sensual or Fast & Furious? Slow & Sensual! 

 Left or right side......of the bed? Left 

Favourite song to get you in the mood? Burning Desire by Lana Del Rey 
 
(Wow! Record speed! As you're the first! haha!!)
 
 
 
AJW: Finally, now is an opportunity for you to thank or promote any folk that deserve a shout out from you.....Go for it! 

 SR: Firstly I’d like to thank you Amanda, for interviewing me and also for your great novel An Acute Attraction which I loved! Can’t wait for the next one! My family whose love, help and patience have been invaluable; Sally Warner for her never ending support and encouragement (and for pimping my work at every available opportunity!) Also another fabulous author and great friend, Chris Kuhn, who’s given me no end of useful advice, support and encouragement as well - ladies, take a bow! Then there are my other friends, who like yourself, have always showered me with kindness and praise – Ava Bellamy, Deb DML, Gigi Gia, Lisa Fulham, B L Ronan, Kayla Lords, Abbie Foxton, Theresa Forrest and Tammy-Louise Wilkins. If I’ve forgotten anyone, my sincerest apologies, you’re all amazing people, I’m honoured to call you my friends!
 

AJW: Aw! Shucks! Thank you so much Steve and for being my first ever interviewee. I hope it wasn't too painful for you. I wish you the very best in your writing. 

SR: Once again, thank you Amanda! I really enjoyed doing this and I’m in your debt for the fabulous opportunity to reach out to people that you’ve afforded me! I wish you every success in your own work!
 
 
 
**********************************************************************************


Links.

Stephen's book is available to buy now from Amazon


"I am an angel sent by God to love you, to watch over you and protect you. To pick you up when you fall, to keep you safe from all harm and to answer your every desire. I belong to you completely, having no meaning to my existence other than to please you and be there for you in your time of need."

With these words begins a fabulous journey that places you, the reader, in the very heart of an amazingly erotic adventure that will take you to exotic places, passionate highs and leave you breathless with desire! 

Opus Angelicus by Stephen Richards


You can also find Steve on Facebook


5 comments:

  1. Wow! Thank you once again Amanda for this fab interview! I really enjoyed taking part, you're such a kind, lovely lady! Mwah! XxX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries, Steve. It was great hosting it. :-) xx

      Delete
  2. Brilliant interview! Love Mr. Richards and his words very much! xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my word! I realised I left off two great friends from my shout out bit, I only hope they can forgive me!

    So here they are, two super and very talented ladies who've always supported me and with whom I've had such a great laugh due to their fab sense of humour!

    Angel, who blogs as Heavenly Haven and SA MacNeil who blogs at wine whimsy and words. Two lovely people and dear friends!

    ReplyDelete