Sunday, 9 February 2014

An Interview with......Cameron Lincoln






Oh my gosh, I am so excited to be doing this with you. You were my first ever 'Author/Twitter crush'. Anyway, welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for agreeing to do this interview with me....*blushing furiously*




Firstly, is it ok if I call you Cam?

You, my darling, can call me anything you like! But Cam is perfectly fine.





 AJW: (Fans face) Wow! Ok to start off with Cam, I was wondering if you could tell us a bit about yourself for any readers that haven't seen or should I say, heard/read about you before?

CL: Oh, crikey. On the spot now. I’m Cameron, and I write. Sometimes stories, sometimes poetry, often erotica. Sometimes it’s even half decent!











AJW: Half decent!! You're joking right? When did you first want to get into writing?

CL: I can’t remember a time when I didn’t want to write stories. I’ve been doing it since I was a little boy, though back then there was far less nakedness in what I wrote! I just love taking people on a journey, whatever the topic or genre.





 AJW: And you do that extremely well (Smittenly smiles at you). Did you or do you still have any authors that inspire you to write?

CL: Absolutely. Neil Gaiman, Clive Barker, Michael Marshall Smith, Joss Whedon, Grant Morrison. I’m in awe of their talent and skill. Outside of those ‘big names’ I’m inspired by every last person who has the drive to put a story down on the paper, regardless of experience. Writing is such an amazing creative process and anybody who goes through it and produces something they’re proud of is inspirational.






AJW: Some really great names in there. Is writing something you feel you have to do religiously every day?

CL: I wish! I always feel like it’s something I should be doing, but the inspiration isn’t there every day. Even when it is, sitting in front of the keyboard doesn’t always yield results. The days it flows are incredible, but there are periods of drought. I really need to start to force myself to get something down every day.





 AJW: What was it that lead you to write in the genre's you do and which is your favourite?

CL: Erotica was a personal challenge. A ‘can I do this?’ and I found I had so much fun crafting stories of such physical action and intense emotion. In other genres it’s a case of personal interest and passion. It’s my goal to play around in every genre at some point, to give new things a try, new styles of writing. I’ll be exploring a host of genres in my next project.






AJW: I am very much looking forward to reading more from you. You have published your first paperback book, Perfect Pleasures. For those that haven't come across it, could you please tell us about it?

CL: It’s an anthology of a large amount of my erotic work and poetry written across the span of about 18 months. It has the first erotic story I wrote (A Friendly Rivalry), and the most recent (Focus – which is exclusive to the collection). There’s a progression of my technique and my overall view of erotica. Each story is its own unique entity but I always imagined that they take place in the same world, perhaps just streets away.

There is poetry in there too, some of it exclusive to the book, and again I like that there’s a variety written across a timespan, from the very first I wrote to the exclusives. I look at the book as a treasure trove of sensuality, sex, passion and desire. Different scenarios, different emotions explored within.











AJW: I personally do love this book and have it several times, so what sort of response have you had to this publication?

CL: It’s been fabulous, and I am humbled that so many people have responded so positively. The feedback has been great, and knowing that my book is sitting out there on people’s shelves and nighstands is a wonderful feeling.


AJW: Both of my copies have pride of place ;-)






AJW: One of the main projects you are currently working on is your d├ębut novel, The Mayfly. Could you please tell your fans a bit more about this please?

CL: It’s a paranormal romance/urban fantasy novel that’s different to anything anybody's read from me, and strangely enough, the sort of thing that is closest to my heart. All my passions will shine through in a story about life, death, love, loss, emotion and memory. I hope so, anyway!

The lead is a woman called Callie Sanders, who lives somewhat of an isolated life. Despite a good job, she's never really become part of the social scene. One evening working late a stranger literally falls at her feet, bleeding from a strange wound and being pursued by a dark force. The two end up on the run. That's about all I can give you without spoiling too much of the initial surprises, but I can't wait to get the story down and out into the world.






AJW: It certainly sounds like you are putting everything it this Cam and I can't wait to read it. More recently, you have been posting audio versions of your fabulous poetry, which I am a huge fan of *swoon. Would you consider doing an audio version of Perfect Pleasures or The Mayfly?

CL: I doubt I could sustain my voice for that length of time, so I think I’ll just be sticking to the shorter excerpts for now! But the feedback to these has been so positive too, and I’m very surprised. It’s another area of creativity to explore.










AJW: Not that I stalk you or anything, but I know you are a huge Comic fan. If you could write a story in any genre that included your two favourite male & female characters, who would they be and what?

CL: Who wouldn’t want to read about The Joker & Harley Quinn tearing strips off each other? Maybe it’s just me...











 AJW: Haha!! You have independently published this book. Would you consider going down a different route with any future work?

CL: I’m perfectly satisfied doing it all myself. Every reader feels special, and well-earned. Of course, like any writer, I’d love to be legitimately published but I’m happy to play in the indie park for now.







Quickfire round.


Paperback or Ebook?

A mix. Sure, they’re different experiences, but you have to roll with the times while giving due respect to the past.




Facebook or Twitter?

Twitter, always.




Slow & Sensual or Fast & Furious?

If you can have both across the span of a night, that’s perfection.


AJW: Flipping 'eck!



Left or right side......of the bed?

I’m the left, as you stand at the foot of the bed.


AJW: I can envisage that rather too easily!! (Fans face again!)




Favourite song to get you in the mood?






AJW: Finally, now is an opportunity for you to thank or promote any folk that deserve a shout out from you.....Go for it!

CL: Well first off a big thank you to you AJ, and I hope people are picking up your book An Acute Attraction!

I always worry I’ll leave somebody out, but I can heartily recommend the work of Lisa Fulham, Paige Thomas, Chris Kuhn, Mary Palmerin, Rebecca Sherwin, Zoey Hart... There are so many others, so keep an eye out for who I promote on Twitter. They’re all worth your time!





Thank you so much Cam, for doing this. I wish you the very best in everything & I can't wait to read more of your work...*swoons again!

My true pleasure. Thank you for having me!



***********************************************************************************



You can find more information about the luscious Cameron Lincoln, on the links below.





No comments:

Post a Comment