Sunday, 12 January 2014

Blog hop #1 2014








    Eek!! Well this is a first for me, however I seem to be having a lot of those this week, so I am up to the challenge!! So, thank you to the gorgeous Deb, a writer of words, poetry and musings for asking me to do this. So here we go!!

Q & A time!


1. If you could achieve anything with your writing in 2014, what would it be?

Ooo!! Ok! I think it would be to produce a novel. I have written a novella and am currently writing the 2nd one in the series, so I'd love to make this one a novel. After that, I would really like to branch out a bit & do a different style/genre of writing.

 2. What are the top 3 demons you must slay to achieve your goals in 2014?

Not getting enough sleep or should I say, pack in having the late nights is a definite must!! I do my best work in the mornings, but at a weekend, I do like my bed. 
I don't necessarily take things personally, but I have a tendency to take some stuff to heart. I don't mean comments about my writing, as I appreciate any feedback & constructive criticism. It's other things, I really need to not give a.....to most of it!
My last one, is making time for my kids and for me!

 3. Name three things that inspire you to write.

Past life experiences, new life experiences and music.

 4. What advice do you have to give a new writer who is considering writing fiction and/ or poetry?

 Ok. I used to write poetry when I was younger, but write mainly fiction now (sometimes dabbling in poetry every now & then). So from a writer of fiction I would say, don't be afraid to put some of yourself into a story. Whether that is in a main character or not. It could help make a book be more believable, so that the reader can relate more to the story. Also, don't be afraid to ask for help off people who you know will give you honest advice. It's hard work starting out, so you need that support.

                                                       *************** 

Now this is the fun bit, tagging other folk...Ok let's see. I'd like to tag these great authors please...






 

No comments:

Post a Comment