Wednesday, 13 November 2013

Kings College, Cambridge


As many, if not all of you will be aware, An Acute Attraction is set in Cambridge, England.

It was from my visit there during the summer that I came up with the idea of the book. I am a HUGE fan of the place and can never get enough of it. 


Isabel adores the place just as much and during one scene she visits Kings College and The Chapel. Cambridge is a part of her past, present & will be in her future. It's a place that holds memories & will create new ones. The history and romanticism of the city, holds as much as Florence, Paris, London or New York, which is why I felt it was the perfect location. There will be more mentions of Cambridge and the romance of the place, with Marc & Isabel in Part 2.
 
If ever you get the opportunity to visit, I promise you, you will fall in love with it as well. If there is a very special time to visit, then it would have to be Christmas Eve. Here is a clip of the Christmas Eve service they have there every year, along with a photograph I took when there.





My next blog post will be on the character of Isabel. It will interesting to hear/read your thoughts on her. I purposely wanted to create a charater in a fictional story that was different from the norm, but still represented 100,000's of women out there. Please be free to post your views & opinions on this post and for the next.


A x


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AmWu2zLzrU


No comments:

Post a Comment